How to get on the Internet with Minnesota OnLine using Windows 95
- Click on (Start/Settings/Control Panel). Then double click on Network.
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Your Network box should contain both the Dile-up adapter , client for Microsoft Windows, and TCP/IP
- Click on TCP/IP and then on Properties.
- Select the WINS Configuration tab. Click Disable WINS Resolution.
- Select the IP address tab. Check Obtain IP Address automatically.
- Select the DNS Configuration tab. Then check Enable DNS.
- Next to "host" enter your Login Name, exactly as it is on your configuration sheet. Remember that it is case-sensitive.
- Next to "domain" enter mn.state.net
- Next to "DNS Server Search Order" enter 18.104.22.168
and then click Add. Then enter 22.214.171.124 and click on Add again
- Click on OK and then close your Network window and restart your computer.
If you have any difficulty, please email email@example.com
- Open My Computer then double-click on Dial-Up Networking,
Click on Make a New Connection.
- (a wizard may now automatically start up, if it's your first
- Enter Minnesota OnLine for your Internet Provider's Name. Then click on Next.
- In the 612 area code enter 612 for your area code, then the main connection
number. Found here Click on next, then on Finish.
- In the 651 area code enter 651 for the area
code and 251-2510 for the main connection
number. Click on next, then on Finish.
- The Make a new Connection wizard will now create an icon
called Minnesota OnLine for your use.
- Click on your new connection (Minnesota OnLine) once to highlight
it. Then go to File at the top and click on properties.
- Click on the second tab, Server Types. Make sure PPP:
Windows 95, Windows NT 3.1/ Internet is selected.
- Nothing should be checked under Advanced Options and
Allowed Network Protocols except TCP/IP.
- Click on TCP/IP Settings. Server
Assigned IP Address should be checked and Specify
Name Server Address should also be checked. The Primary DNS should
be 126.96.36.199 and secondary DNS should be 188.8.131.52. Click on
both OK's and double click on your connection (Minnesota OnLine).
- Enter your User ID and Password and connect.